Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Don LaFontaine - RIP

The man behind the voice you've heard a thousand times.



I worked in a video store on and off for about 10 years. I loved just about every minute of, but will admit that after a while, I turned in to somewhat of a movie snob. I can assure you, that after you walked out of the store with a copy of Speed 2, we all laughed at you. Having said that, here's a great quote from Don, courtesy CNN.com.

"My philosophy is that you have to really believe what you're reading, even if you think the film's a piece of junk," he told Swindle magazine. "Even the worst picture is someone's favorite film, and that someone is the fan I am always talking to."

Pretty impressive for a guy that could make the worst turd in the world, sound like an award winner.

No comments: