Wednesday, October 1, 2008




The PAW show at The Bottleneck is this Saturday, the 4th. Which just happens to be the day after my birthday. My wife, knowing how much I have been waiting for this show, has even offered to drive me and some friends up to Lawrence. Can a guy ask for a better birthday gift? I don't think so. Lucky for her, she's off the hook and my brother has volunteered to assume the role of designated driver. If I do this right, should be over my hangover by Sunday night, and my hearing will be back to 100% by Tuesday. These guys rock. I wore out 2 tapes of Dragline and the CD is beat to hell. But Dragline and Death To Traitors were a constant on my tape deck/CD player for the better part of 4 years. When I got my first car w/ a cd player in it, Dragline was the first cd I played. It never got old. I was bummed each time they broke up, and then kicked myself for not going to the "reunion" show a few years back, when they all came out dressed as characters from The Wizard of Oz. I expect there to be a slight chill down my spine as they kick in to just about every song.

The first time I saw them live, was with the same brother that is driving us all up there. I'm pretty sure my first copy of Dragline was "borrowed" from a big milk crate full of tapes he kept in his apartment. It's kind of funny... we talk on a regular basis. But now that we are both married and have more responsibility than we ever did 15 years ago, we just don't do that much together, outside of the obligatory family gatherings. I'm really looking forward to this Saturday.

No comments: